Free eBook from IBM. Read “Understanding Big Data” to understand the characteristics of Big Data, learn about data at rest analytics, learn about data in motion analytics, get a quick Hadoop primer, learn about IBM InfoSphere BigInsights and IBM InfoSphere Streams.
In this book, the three defining characteristics of Big Data — volume, variety, and velocity, are discussed. You’ll get a primer on Hadoop and how IBM is ‘hardening’ it for the enterprise, and learn when to leverage IBM InfoSphere BigInsights (Big Data at rest) and IBM InfoSphere Streams (Big Data in motion) technologies. Deployment and scaling strategies plus industry use cases are also included in this practical guide. Review this book and get started with big data!
Table of Contents
- What is Big Data? Hint: You’re a Part of it Every Day
- Why is Big Data Important?
- Why IBM for Big Data
- All about Hadoop: The Big Data Lingo Chapter
- InfoSphere BigInsights: Analytics for Big Data at Rest
- IBM InfoSphere Streams: Analytics for Big Data in Motion
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 3.38 MB
Number of pages: 166