This online free Java book is divided into 4 parts. Part 1 is a brief introduction to what Java is, why it’s cool and what you need to use it. Part 2 is a tutorial introduction to Java. Part 3 covers the basics of writing applets in Java. Part 4 introduces you to objects and classes.
Java has caused more excitement than any development on the Internet since Mosaic. Everyone, it seems, is talking about it. Unfortunately very few people seem to know anything about it. This tutorial is designed to change that.
People are excited about Java because of what it lets them do. Java was the first way to include inline sound and animation in a web page. Java also lets users interact with a web page. Instead of just reading it and perhaps filling out a form, users can now play games, calculate spreadsheets, chat in realtime, get continuously updated data and much, much more.
Table of Contents
- Installing Java
- Hello World: The Application
- Classes and Objects: A First Look
- The For Statement
- Assignment, Increment and Decrement Operators
- Catching Exceptions
- File I/O and Streams
- Hello World: The Applet
- The APPLET HTML Tag
- Events and Applets
- Drawing Text
- Drawing Graphics: Lines, Circles, Rectangles and Colors
- Taking Action: Threads
- Interaction: Mouse and Keyboard Input
- What is Object Oriented Programming?
- A Non-Trivial Examples: Complex Numbers
- Scope: Calling the Complex Class From External Classes
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Link: Read online.