“A Heat Transfer Textbook”, by 4th edition John H. Lienhard IV, Professor, University of Houston and John H. Lienhard V, Professor, Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyThis textbook is an introduction to heat and mass transfer oriented toward engineering students.
The subjects covered include heat conduction, forced and natural convection, thermal radiation, boiling, condensation, heat exchangers, and mass transfer. Written by two recognized experts in the field, this introduction to heat and mass transfer for engineering students has been used in the classroom for over 32 years, and it’s been revised and updated regularly. Worked examples and end-of-chapter exercises appear throughout the book, along with well-drawn, illuminating figures.
Table of Contents
- Heat conduction concepts, thermal resistance, and the overall heat transfer coefficient
- Heat exchanger design
- Analysis of heat conduction and some steady one-dimensional problems
- Transient and multidimensional heat conduction
- Laminar and turbulent boundary layers
- Forced convection in a variety of configurations
- Natural convectionin single-phase fluids and during film condensation
- Heat transfer and other phase-changing configurations
- Radiative heat transfer
- An introduction to mass transfer
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 17.19 MB
Number of pages: 766