Download free pdf book “Security Engineering”. Gigantically comprehensive and carefully researched, Security Engineering makes it clear just how difficult it is to protect information systems from corruption, eavesdropping, unauthorized use, and general malice.
Better, Ross Anderson offers a lot of thoughts on how information can be made more secure with the help of both technologies and management strategies.The purpose of this book is to give a solid introduction to security engineering, as we understand it at the beginning of the twenty-first century. My goal is that it works at four different levels:
1. As a textbook that you can read from one end to the other over a few days as an introduction to the subject. The book is to be used mainly by the working IT professional who needs to learn about the subject, but it can also be
used in a one-semester course in a university.
2. As a reference book to which you can come for an overview of the workings of some particular type of system. These systems include cash machines, taxi meters, radar jammers, anonymous medical record databases, and so on.
3. As an introduction to the underlying technologies, such as crypto, access control, inference control, tamper resistance, and seals. Space prevents me from going into great depth; but I provide a basic road map for each subject, plus a reading list for the curious (and a list of open research problems for the prospective graduate student).
4. As an original scientific contribution in which I have tried to draw out the common principles that underlie security engineering, and the lessons that people building one kind of system should have learned from others.
Table of Contents
- What is Security Engineering?
- Access Control
- Distributed Systems
- Multilevel Security
- Multilateral Security
- Banking and Bookkeeping
- Monitoring Systems
- Nuclear Command and Control
- Security Printing and Seals
- Physical Tamper Resistance
- Emission Security
- Electronic and Information Warfare
- Telecom System Security
- Network Attack and Defense
- Protecting E-Commerce Systems
- Copyright and Privacy Protection
- Management Issues
- System Evaluation and Assurance
File size: 16.4 MB
Number of pages: 600