Free online book “Security+ Essentials”. Security+ Essentials is an eBook designed to provide the knowledge necessary to pass the CompTIA Security+ exam. If you are planning to study for the Security+ exam, or simply want to learn more about I.T. Security in general, Security+ Essentials is an ideal source of information.
Security+ Essentials is designed to provide the knowledge needed by IT professionals to pass the CompTIA Security+ exam. That said, the book is also of considerable use to anyone with a need to understand the concepts involved in creating and maintaining a secure IT environment.
Security+ Essentials is largely a platform agnostic book and as such many of the concepts described apply equally to a range of popular operating systems including Windows, Linux, MacOS X and UNIX.
On completion of this book it is intended that the reader will have a clear understanding of both the threats faced by IT infrastructures together with a basic understanding of the steps involved in planning and implementing a comprehensive multi-layered IT security strategy.
Table of Contents
- Mandatory, Discretionary, Role and Rule Based Access Control
- Authentication and Identity Verification
- An Overview of IT Security Threats and Attacks
- Software Exploitation, Malicious Code and Social Engineering
- Identifying Common and Nonessential TCP/IP Ports and Services
- Understanding Communications Security
- The Basics of Email and Web Security
- IT Infrastructure Security
- IT Media Security Basics
- Network Security Topologies
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Security Baselines and Operating System, Network and Application Hardening
- Cryptography Basics
- An Overview of Public Key Infrastructures (PKI)
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Number of pages: 74
Link: Read online.