Rethinking Enterprise Storage: A Hybrid Cloud Model, by Marc Farley, is available as a free download. You can download it in PDF, ePub and Mobi formats.
The audience for this book includes all levels of IT professionals, from executives responsible for determining IT strategies to systems administrators who manage systems and storage. The book explains how hybrid cloud storage changes the ways data protection is accomplished without tape backup systems; how disaster recovery works with data that is stored in the cloud; how cloud services are used to facilitate capacity management; and how the performance of data stored in the cloud is managed.
Table of Contents
- Rethinking enterprise storage
- Leapfrogging backup with cloud snapshots
- Accelerating and broadening disaster recovery protection
- Taming the capacity monster
- Archiving data with the hybrid cloud
- Putting all the pieces together
- Imagining the possibilities with hybrid cloud storage