Download free eBook “Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2” from Microsoft in pdf and xps formats. This book is for anyone who has an interest in SQL Server 2008 R2 and wants to understand its capabilities.
In a book of this size, we cannot cover every feature that distinguishes SQL Server from other databases, and consequently we assume that you have some familiarity with SQL Server already. You might be a database administrator (DBA), an application developer, a power user, or a technical decision maker. Regardless of your role, we hope that you can use this book to discover the features in SQL Server 2008 R2 that are most beneficial to you.
Table of Contents
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Editions and Enhancements
- Multi-Server Administration
- Data-Tier Applications
- High Availability and Virtualization Enhancements
- Consolidation and Monitoring
- Scalable Data Warehousing
- Master Data Services
- Complex Event Processing with StreamInsight
- Reporting Services Enhancements
- Self-Service Analysis with PowerPivot