Free online book “Ubuntu Desktop Essentials”. Ubuntu Desktop Essentials is the companion book to the Ubuntu Linux Essentials Techotopia online publication and is designed to cover everything that a user needs to know to use and customize the Ubuntu GNOME desktop. In terms of usability, a guided tour provides a detailed overview of the how the desktop works.
The book then provides step by step tutorials covering every aspect of customizing the desktop, from changing the background and desktop themes to activating and configuring the new Compiz Fusion desktop visual effects. Chapters are also dedicated to topics such as changing fonts, setting up keyboard shortcuts, enhancing the desktop with desklets, configuring and saving sessions and customizing the file manager.
Table of Contents
- Logging into the Ubuntu GNOME Desktop
- A Guided Tour of the Ubuntu GNOME Desktop
- Changing the Ubuntu GNOME Desktop Background
- Installing and Customizing Ubuntu Desktop Themes
- Configuring Ubuntu Desktop Fonts
- Configuring the Ubuntu Desktop Panels
- Configuring the Ubuntu Desktop Menu System
- Ubuntu Desktop Visual Effects
- Enhance your Ubuntu Desktop with gDesklets
- Browsing My Computer, Files and Folders on the Ubuntu Desktop
- Configuring the Ubuntu File Manager
- Ubuntu Desktop – Starting Applications on Login
- Ubuntu Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Link: Read online.