Download this free engineering eBook: “Transport Phenomena” by Søren Prip Beier in pdf format. What does mass diffusion, thermal conduction, viscosity, permeability, and electrical conductance have in common? In this book you will get an overview of most important terms within transport phenomena.
You will learn and realize important analogies between Fick’s law of diffusion, Fourier’s law of heat conduction, Newton’s law of viscosity, Darcy’s law of permeability, and Ohm’s law of electrical conductance. Illustrating graphics as well as clarifying SI-unit explanations will help your understanding and learning on a bachelor or master of science level.
Table of Contents
- Different kinds of transport
- Diffusivity, Transport of mass
- Thermal conductivity, Transport of energy
- Viscosity, Transport of momentum
- Permeability, Transport of volume
- Conductance, Transport of electricity
- Dimensionless numbers
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 674 KB
Number of pages: 19