Each chapter of this free TCP/IP Internetworking guide can be downloaded in pdf format.
Communication protocols are like envelopes. An envelope provides a service to its contents. Each envelope represents some encapsulation of data which is necessary for communication between “layers” of the OSI model. Each envelope includes information about its contents, destination, and handling instructions. As data is passed from place to place it is encapsulated inside several envelopes so that it can be transferred over different mediums.
Table of Contents
- Introduction, PSINet and Internet History
- How TCP/IP Networks Work “Under the Hood”
- Introduction to Routing
- Routing Protocols
- PSINet Architecture
- E-mail on the Internet
- USENET News and NNTP
- Network Management and Troubleshooting
- Domain Name Service Introduction
- Domain Name Service Configuration
- Security Filtering
Download Free PDF / Read Online