This free online book is written with the professional programmer in mind. Using a hands on approach it introduces the ANSI Common Lisp standard. Practical examples of working code provide an in depth view of Common Lisp programming paradigms.
- Provides an overview of Common Lisp for the working programmer.
- Introduces key concepts in an easy-to-read format.
- Describes format, typical use, and possible drawbacks of all important Lisp constructs.
- Provides practical advice for the construction of Common Lisp programs.
- Shows examples of how Common Lisp is best used.
- Illustrates and compares features of the most popular Common Lisp systems on desktop computers.
- Includes discussion and examples of advanced constructs for iteration, error handling, object oriented programming, graphical user interfaces, and threading.
- Supplements Common Lisp reference books and manuals with useful hands-on techniques.
- Shows how to find what you need among the thousands of documented and undocumented functions and variables in a typical Common Lisp system.
Table of Contents
- Why Bother? Or: Objections Answered
- Is this Book for Me?
- Essential Lisp in Twelve Lessons
- Mastering the Essentials
- Introducing Iteration
- Deeper into Structures
- A First Look at Objects as Fancy Structures
- Lifetime and Visibility
- Introducing Error Handling and Non-Local Exits
- How to Find Your Way Around, Part 1
- Destructive Modification
- Mapping Instead of Iteration
- Still More Things You Can Do with Sequences
- Can Objects Really Behave Themselves?
- How to Find Your Way Around, Part 2
- Not All Comparisons are Equal
- Very Logical, Indeed…
- Macro Etiquette
- Fancy Tricks with Function and Macro Arguments
- How to Find Your Way Around, Part 3
- To Err is Expected; To Recover, Divine
- FORMAT Speaks a Different Language
- Connecting Lisp to the Real World
- Put on a Happy Face: Interface Builders
- A Good Editor is Worth a Thousand Keystrokes
- Practical Techniques for Programming
- I Thought it was Your Turn to Take Out the Garbage
- Helpful Hints for Debugging and Bug-Proofing
- Handling Large Projects in Lisp
- Dark Corners and Curiosities
- Where to Go Next
- Lisp History, or: Origins of Misunderstandings
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Number of pages: 360
Link: Read online.