Free pdf book about web application development. This is the textbook for the MIT course “Software Engineering for Internet Applications”.
The course is intended for juniors and seniors in computer science. We assume that they know how to write a computer program and debug it. We do not assume knowledge of any particular programming languages, standards, or protocols. The most concise statement of the course goal is that “The student finishes knowing how to build amazon.com by him or herself.”
Other people who might find this book useful include the following:
- professional software developers building online communities or other multi-user Internet applications.
- managers who are evaluating packaged software aimed at supporting online communities—various chapters contain criteria for judging the features of products such as Microsoft Sharepoint or Microsoft Content Management Server.
- university students and faculty looking to add some structure to a “capstone” project at the end of a computer science degree.
Table of Contents
- Software Structure
- User Registration and Management
- Content Management
- Software Modularity
- Adding Mobile Users To Your Community
- Voice (VoiceXML)
- Scaling Gracefully
- Planning Redux
- Distributed Computing with HTTP, XML, SOAP, and WSDL
- Metadata (programs that write programs)
- User Activity Analysis
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Link: Read online.