“Single page apps in depth”, by Mikito Takada, is not an API reference on a particular framework, rather, the focus is on discussing patterns, implementation choices and decent practices. It takes a “code and concepts” approach to the topic.
Why do we want to write single page apps? The main reason is that they allow us to offer a more-native-app-like experience to the user.
Single page apps are distinguished by their ability to redraw any part of the UI without requiring a server roundtrip to retrieve HTML. This is achieved by separating the data from the presentation of data by having a model layer that handles data and a view layer that reads from the models.
Table of Contents
- Modern single page apps – an overview
- Writing maintainable code
- Implementation alternatives: a look at the options
- Meditations on Models & Collections
- Views – templating, behavior and event consumption
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Format(s): PDF, Mobi, ePub, HTML
Link: Read online.