Free online book “Ruby Essentials” provides a concise and easy to follow guide to learning Ruby.
Everything from installing Ruby and the basics of the language through to topics such as arrays, file handling and object-oriented programming are covered, all combined with easy to understand code examples which serve to bridge the gap between theory and practice. Ruby Essentials is designed to be of equal use both to those experienced in other programming languages and to novices who have chosen Ruby as their “first programming language”.
Table of Contents
- What is Ruby?
- Getting and Installing Ruby
- Simple Ruby Examples
- Commenting Ruby Code
- Understanding Ruby Variables
- Ruby Variable Scope
- Ruby Number Classes and Conversions
- Ruby Methods
- Ruby Ranges
- Understanding Ruby Arrays
- Advanced Ruby Arrays
- Ruby Operators
- Ruby Operator Precedence
- Ruby Math Functions and Methods
- Understanding Ruby Logical Operators
- Ruby Object Oriented Programming
- Ruby Flow Control
- The Ruby case Statement
- Ruby While and Until Loops
- Looping with for and the Ruby Looping Methods
- Ruby Strings – Creation and Basics
- Ruby String Concatenation and Comparison
- Ruby String Replacement, Substitution and Insertion
- Ruby String Conversions
- Ruby Directory Handling
- Working with Files in Ruby
- Working with Dates and Times in Ruby
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Number of pages: 115
Link: Read online.