“Project Silk: Client-Side Web Development for Modern Browsers” from Microsoft patterns & practices team. To illustrate this guidance, the project includes a reference implementation called Mileage Stats that enables its users to track various metrics about their vehicles and fill-ups.
Project Silk provides guidance for building cross-browser web applications with a focus on client-side interactivity. These applications take advantage of the latest web standards, including HTML5, CSS3 and ECMAScript 5, along with modern web technologies such as jQuery, Windows® Internet Explorer® 9, and ASP.NET MVC 3.
This guidance is intended for existing web developers who are interested in taking advantage of the latest web standards and technologies.
Table of Contents
- jQuery UI Widgets
- Design and Layout
- Client Data Management and Caching
- Manipulating Client-Side HTML
- Application Notifications
- Server-Side Implementation
- Unit Testing Web Applications
- Widget QuickStart
- How to: Check UIElement Properties Using Coded UI Test
- How to: Create an Automated Negative Test Case Using Coded UI Test
- How to: Create a Web Client UI Test Using Coded UI Test
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
Format(s): PDF, CHM, HTML
File size: 15.05 MB
Number of pages: 318