Free online book Optimizing C++ provides working programmers and those who intend to be working programmers with a practical, real-world approach to program optimization.
Written in an exceptionally clear style that doesn’t skimp on technical detail, Steve Heller’s guide offers several high-performance search and data-compression algorithms, which are all you need to add speed to C++. Early sections of the book address the advantages of optimizing C++, which the author considers something of a lost art. Instead of just investing in faster hardware, the author makes the case that optimizing code can result in faster, more useful programs.
Table of Contents
- A Supermarket Price Lookup System
- A Mailing List System
- Cn U Rd Ths (Qkly)? A Data Compression Utility
- Free at Last: An Efficient Method of Handling Variable-Length Records
- Heavenly Hash: A Dynamic Hashing Algorithm
- Zensort: A Sorting Algorithm for Limited Memory
- Mozart, No. Would You Believe Gershwin?
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Number of pages: 416
Link: Read online.