More Servlets and JavaServer Pages is now available in pdf format free of charge. Practical guide to the use of the Java 2 Platform for Web-enabled applications and dynamic Web sites. Focuses on new capabilities: the standard JSP tag library, filters, life-cycle event listeners, declarative and programmatic security, Web applications, and much more.
- Part I gives a thorough introduction to programming with servlet and JSP technology. It shows you how to configure your server, read form data and HTTP headers, handle cookies, track sessions, apply JSP scripting elements, use JavaBeans components, develop JSP tag libraries, and apply the MVC architecture.
- Part II provides exhaustive details on Web application development and deployment. It explains how to register Web applications, how to organize them, how to deploy them in WAR files, how to deal with relative URLs, and how to share data among Web applications. It also gives details on every element in version 2.3 of the deployment descriptor (web.xml).
- Part III describes Web application security in detail. It explains two general strategies for securing your applications: declarative security and programmatic security. Within each of these strategies, it shows you how to use form-based or BASIC authentication and how to protect your network traffic with SSL.
- Part IV covers two features introduced with servlets 2.3: filters and life-cycle events. It explains how to use filters to debug, modify, and optimize the output of previously existing servlets and JSP pages. It also shows you how to use event listeners to respond to major events in the server life cycle.
- Part V looks at new tag library developments. It shows you how to improve your own tag libraries by making use of new capabilities of the JSP 1.2 specification and explains how to streamline your code by using the new standard JSP tag library (JSPTL).
Table of Contents
- Server Setup and Configuration
- A Fast Introduction to Basic Servlet Programming
- A Fast Introduction to Basic JSP Programming
- Using and Deploying Web Application
- Controlling Web Application Behavior with web.xml
- A Sample Web Application: An Online Boat Shop
- Declarative Web Application Security
- Programmatic Security
- Servlet and JSP Filters
- The Application Events Framework
- New Tag Library Features in JSP 1.2
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Publisher: Pearson Education
Number of pages: 752