In order to learn Node, you need to learn how to write code – not how to use a 3rd party library or a set of spells. I will recommend a few libraries, but the focus is on writing code yourself.
Whenever I cover an API, I will do what I can to include examples and snippets that I have found useful myself. There are many parts that I would like to expand on, but I have to balance writing with a lot of other projects.
Table of Contents
- What is Node.js?
- Simple messaging application
- Arrays, Objects, Functions and JSON
- Control flow
- An overview of Node, Modules and npm
- Fundamentals: Timers, EventEmitters, Streams and Buffers
- HTTP & HTTPS
- File system
- Child processes, V8 and REPL
- Comet and Socket.io
- Single-page applications
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Format(s): HTML, PDF, mobi, ePub
Link: Download or read online.