This free book is based on the EC (ESPRIT) project StatLog which compare and evaluated a range of classification techniques, with an assessment of their merits, disadvantages and range of application.
This integrated volume provides a concise introduction to each method, and reviews comparative trials in large-scale commercial and industrial problems.
Table of Contents
- Classical Statistical Methods
- Modern Statistical Techniques
- Machine Learning of Rules and Trees
- Neural Networks
- Methods for Comparison
- Review of Previous Empirical Comparisons
- Dataset Descriptions and Results
- Analysis of Results
- Knowledge Representation
- Learning to Control Dynamical Systems
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 1.79 MB
Number of pages: 298