This free online book is designed for beginners who wish to learn the basics of shell scripting/programming plus introduction to power tools such as awk, sed, etc. It is not help or manual for the shell; while reading this tutorial you can find manual quite useful (type man bash at $ prompt to see manual pages).
Manual contains all necessary information you need, but it won’t have that much examples, which makes idea more clear. For this reason, this tutorial contains examples rather than all the features of shell.
Table of Contents
- Quick Introduction to Linux
- Getting started with Shell Programming
- Shells (bash) structured Language Constructs
- Advanced Shell Scripting Commands
- Essential Utilities for Power User
- Learning expressions with ex
- awk Revisited
- Examples of Shell Scripts
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Link: Read online.