Download free eBook: “Kinetics for Bioscientist” by Peter Klappa in pdf format. This book starts off by discussing the basics of kinetics, using everyday examples. It then moves on to describing kinetics in mathematical terms.
Special chapters in this book are dedicated to cases relevant for Bioscientists, e.g. zero, first and second order kinetics. In the last part of the book, the focus is on more complex applications of kinetics, e.g. steady-state reactions and the kinetics of equilibria. An important aspect is to provide relevant examples and model calculations. Every theoretical approach is underpinned by several model calculations of real-life examples.
Table of Contents
- Why a Bioscientist should care about kinetics
- Rates, speeds and velocities
- Zero Order Reactions
- First order reaction
- Second order reaction – a special case
- Second order reaction with different reactants
- Determine the order of a reaction
- Complex reactions with several reactants
- Coupled reactions
- Model Answers to practice questions
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 4.41 MB
Number of pages: 221