This book describes a vision of manufacturing in the twenty-first century that maximizes efficiencies and improvements by exploiting the full power of information and provides a research agenda for information technology and manufacturing that is necessary for success in achieving such a vision.
Research on information technology to support product and process design, shop-floor operations, and flexible manufacturing is described. Roles for virtual manufacturing and the information infrastructure are also addressed. A final chapter is devoted to nontechnical research issues.
Table of Contents
- Vision and Recommended Areas of Research
- Manufacturing: Context, Content, and History
- Integrated Product and Process Design
- Shop Floor Production
- Modeling and Simulation For the Virtual Factory
- Information Infrastructure Issues
- Organizational and Societal Infrastructure
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 1.30 MB
Number of pages: 191