This collection of papers by scholars of technology and society, based on a National Academy of Engineering symposium, explores the process of mutual adjustment between information technologies and social institutions.
The topics addressed include recent developments and likely futures in information technology, comparison of information technology to historical developments in other technologies, and the interaction of information technology with businesses, homes, property rights in information, and various hierarchies of social organization.
Table of Contents
- The Evolution of Information Technologies
- The Information Age: Evolution or Revolution?
- The Twilight of Hierarchy: Speculations on the Global Information Society
- Property Rights in Information
- Information Technologies in the Home
- Computers and Business
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 1.15 MB
Number of pages: 184