“Getting Started: Your Guide to Windows 8” teaches you how to get the most out of Windows 8. It doesn’t matter if you’re already using Windows 8 or merely wondering whether you should; this manual breaks down the features in a way anyone can understand.
Back in 1991, Microsoft released their first version of Windows, a mouse-driven graphical user interface that revolutionised the way we use computers, both at home and in the workplace.
Now, in 2012, they hope to stage a new revolution with Windows 8, perhaps Microsoft’s most daring release yet. Featuring an unusual tile-based Start screen that’s optimized for touchscreen devices, Windows 8 will be available on new computers, laptops and ultrabooks, hybrid tablets and even a new range of Microsoft-branded, iPad-style tablets called Microsoft Surface.
Table of Contents
- What You Need to Know About Windows 8
- The Windows 8 User Interface
- Mouse, Keyboard or Fingers?
- Launch and Install Apps, Multitasking
- Photos, Music and Video
- The Windows 8 Store
- Email, Internet, People and the Cloud
- Tweaking Your Windows 8 Device
- Windows 8 Security
- Desktop Mode and Advanced Settings
- Troubleshooting Windows 8
- Do You Need Windows 8?
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 1.69 MB
Number of pages: 44