Download the complete text of “Fundamentals of Wireless Communication” for free in pdf format. The past decade has seen many advances in physical layer wireless communication theory and their implementation in wireless systems.
This textbook takes a unified view of the fundamentals of wireless communication and explains the web of concepts underpinning these advances at a level accessible to an audience with a basic background in probability and digital communication. Topics covered include MIMO (multiple input multiple output) communication, space-time coding, opportunistic communication, OFDM and CDMA. The concepts are illustrated using many examples from wireless systems such as GSM, IS-95 (CDMA), IS-856(1xEV-DO), Flash OFDM and ArrayComm SDMA systems. Particular emphasis is placed on the interplay between concepts and their implementation in systems.
Table of Contents
- The wireless channel
- Point-to-point communication: detection, diversity and channel uncertainty
- Cellular systems: multiple access and interference management
- Capacity of wireless channels
- Multiuser capacity and opportunistic communication
- MIMO I: spatial multiplexing and channel modeling
- MIMO II: capacity and multiplexing architectures
- MIMO III: diversity-multiplexing tradeoff and universal space-time codes
- MIMO IV: multiuser communication
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Number of pages: 586
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Link: Download. | Alternative link.