Download free eBook: “Fundamentals of Reaction Engineering” by Rafael Kandiyoti in pdf format. This is an introductory text covering the basic elements of reactor design. The focus is on simple flow patterns.
Material and energy balances have been derived for continuous stirred tank reactors (perfect mixing) and tubular flow reactors, assuming plug flow. Non-ideal flow is briefly discussed. The important case of exothermic-reversible reactions has been discussed in the context of staged reactors, with interstage or cold-shot cooling. The analysis of heat and mass transfer to/from catalyst pellets in fixed bed catalytic reactors (FBCR) has been introduced, emphasizing the formulation of global reaction rate expressions. Different ways of modelling FBCRs has been described.
Table of Contents
- Introduction To Chemical Reactor Design
- Reactor Design For Multiple Reactions
- Non-Isothermal Reactors
- Reversible Reactions In Non-Isothermal Reactors
- Effect Of Flow Patterns On Conversion
- The Design Of Fixed Bed Catalytic Reactors-I
- The Design Of Fixed Bed Catalytic Reactors-Ii
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 1.92 MB
Number of pages: 112