Free eBook “Working through Screens” is a reference for product teams creating new or iteratively improved applications for thinking work. Written for use during early, formative conversations, it provides teams with a broad range of considerations for setting the overall direction and priorities for their onscreen tools.
With hundreds of envisioning questions and fictional examples from clinical research, financial trading, and architecture, this volume can help definers and designers to explore innovative new directions for their products.
The 100 ideas contained within can act as shared probes for product teams to use in formative discussions that set the overall direction and priorities of new or iteratively improved applications for thinking work. As a collection, these ideas present a supporting framework for teams striving to see past unsatisfactory, “business as usual” technologies in order to create compelling and meaningful tools for knowledge workers at the forefronts of their fields.
Table of Contents
- Exploring work mediation and determining scope
- Defining interaction objects
- Establishing an application framework
- Considering workers’ attentions
- Providing opportunities to offload effort
- Enhancing information representation
- Clarifying central interactions
- Supporting outcome exploration and cognitive tracing
- Working with volumes of information
- Facilitating communication
- Promoting integration into work practice
- Pursuing aesthetic refinement
- Planning connection with use
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Format(s): PDF, HTML
File size: 8.50 MB
Number of pages: 143