“HTML5 for Publishers”, published by O’Reilly Media, is freely available in several ebook formats from O’Reilly shop. HTML5 for Publishers gives an overview of some of the most exciting features HTML5 provides to ebook content creators–audio/video, geolocation, and the Canvas–and shows how to put them in action.
HTML5 is revolutionizing the Web, and now it’s coming to your ebook reader! In this book, I give an overview of three areas of HTML5 that offer great promise to ebook publishers looking to expand beyond traditional text-and-graphic narratives: Canvas, Geolocation, and Audio/Video.
Learn how to:
- Intersperse audio/video with textual content
- Create a graphing calculator to display algebraic equations on the Canvas
- Use geolocation to customize a work of fiction with details from the reader’s locale
- Use Canvas to add interactivity to a children’s picture book
Table of Contents
- Canvas for Publishers
- Geolocation for Publishers
- <audio>/<video> for Publishers
- Embedding HTML5 in EPUB
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Format(s): PDF, ePub, Mobi
File size: 1.28 MB
Number of pages: 57