Download free eBook “Getting Started with Open Source Development” from IBM. This ebook is a good starting point for beginners to the open source world.
It is specially written to equip students, and open source enthusiasts with the norms and best practices of open source. You should read this book if you want to: Educate yourself on the objectives of open source, Understand open source software licensing requirements, Get an introduction to the norms followed in the open source world, Join the open source movement and begin contributing.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to open source development
- Open source business models
- Community driven development
- Participating in open source development
- Starting your own open source project
- Case Study: Contributing to an open source project
- Case Study: A sourceForge project, Technology Explorer for IBM DB2
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 3.20 MB
Number of pages: 136