Free ebook “Essential Skills for Agile Development” in pdf format. Agile Development, in particular, eXtreme Programming (XP), has been gaining a lot of momentum because it can effectively address the problems plaguing software development such as mis-understanding customers’ requirements, missing deadlines, over-budget, conflicts between customers and developers and poor maintainability of legacy systems.
Software developers who would like to learn more about Agile Development should read this book. Prior knowledge required:
Can read Java code.
Can read and write SQL.
Can read simple HTML code.
Some basic concepts on Swing (e.g., JDialog, JButton, ActionListener), JDBC (e.g.,Connection, ResultSet) and Servlet are desirable but not required.
Table of Contents
- Removing duplicate code
- Turning comments into code
- Removing code smells
- Keeping code fit
- Take care to inherit
- Handling inappropriate references
- Separate database, user interface and domain logic
- Managing software projects with user stories
- OO design with CRC cards
- Acceptance test
- How to acceptance test a user interface
- Unit test
- Test driven development
- Team development with CVS
- Essential skills for communications
- Pair programming
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 2.20 MB
Number of pages: 427