“Discourses on Social Software” can be downloaded in pdf format for free. The unusual format of a series of discussions among a logician, a computer scientist, a philosopher and some researchers from other disciplines encourages the reader to develop his own point of view. The only requirements for reading this book are a nodding familiarity with logic, a curious mind, and a taste for spicy debate.
The intended readership of the present volume is quite broad: we hope the book will appeal to a wide range of scienti cally minded readers willing to look beyond the borders of their own specialisms. Anyone to which this
description applies, and who has a bit of knowledge of mathematics and logic, should be able to grasp what goes on in the discourses. We have tried to make sure that speci c expertise in any of the elds contributing to “Games, Action and Social Software” is not required.
Table of Contents
- Introductory Conversation
- Replies to Angry, Prag and Star
- What is Social Software?
- A Guest Lecture on Social Software
- Social Software and the Social Sciences
- On Social Choice Theory
- Ends and Means, Values and Virtues
- Common Knowledge and Common Belief
- Game Theory, Logic, and Rational Choice
- What is Protocol Analysis?
- Protocol Analysis and Dynamic Epistemic Logic
- Battle of the Logics
- Eating from the Tree of Ignorance
- On Collective Rational Action
- Social Software and the Ills of Society
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 2.90 MB
Number of pages: 270