The software industry is, just occasionally, more absurd than one would dare to imagine. Having spent most of his working life in its clutches, Phil Factor has pretty much “seen it all” and what’s more, here, in his “Confessions of an IT Manager“, he’s prepared to tell what he knows.
From IT projects that have trampled all over the guiding principles of successful development, to tips on training your manager to the required standard, each of Phil’s tales is shot through with a wild seam of anarchic humour. And yet, in each case, the humor is just a sugar coating for a pill of sage advice, wrought from years of rough-and-tumble in the IT industry.
Table of Contents
- On Learning to Love your Manager
- The Strange Business of Software
- Software Projects: the Good, the Bad and the Pitiful
- Hiring, Firing and other acts of Villainy
- What If …?
- Hiccoughs in the Working Day
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 6.02 MB
Number of pages: 306