Free eBook “Brad’s Sure Guide to SQL Server Maintenance Plans” by Brad M. McGehee. Let Brad McGehee take you on a comprehensive tour of the SQL Server Maintenance Plan Wizard and Designer.
Find out how the Maintenance Plan tools let you configure and schedule core database maintenance tasks such as integrity checks, index reorganizations and rebuilds. Learn the correct uses for the tool and find out where more advanced solutions, using T-SQL or PowerShell scripting, would be more appropriate.
Table of Contents
- Why is Database Maintenance Important?
- Before you Create any Maintenance Plans
- Getting Started with the Maintenance Plan Wizard
- Task Scheduling
- Check Database Integrity Task
- Shrink Database Task
- Rebuild Index Task
- Reorganize Index Task
- Update Statistics Task
- Execute SQL Server Agent Job Task
- History Cleanup Task
- Back Up Database (Full) Task
- Back Up Database (Differential) Task
- Back Up Database (Transaction Log) Task
- Maintenance Cleanup Task
- Introduction to the Maintenance Plan Designer
- Configuring Maintenance Tasks Using the Designer
- Subplans and Precedence..
- Create and Modify Maintenance Plans Using the Designer
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 7.12 MB
Number of pages: 277