Free online book “How Wikipedia Works: And How You Can Be a Part of It” by Phoebe Ayers, Charles Matthews, and Ben Yates. A full, free copy of the book available through Google Books.
Wikipedia is made up of people just like you: students, professors, and everyday experts and fans. With about 10,000 articles added to Wikipedia each week, there are plenty of opportunities to join this global community. How Wikipedia Works explains how you can make the Web’s go-to source for information even better.
Table of Contents
- What’s in Wikipedia?
- The World Gets a Free Encyclopedia
- Finding Wikipedia’s Content
- Understanding and Evaluating an Article
- Basic Editing
- Good Writing and Research
- Cleanup, Projects, and Processes
- Make and Mend Wikipedia’s Web
- Images, Templates, and Special Characters
- The Life Cycle of an Article
- Becoming a Wikipedian
- Community and Communication
- Policy and Your Input
- Disputes, Blocks, and Bans
- 200 Languages and Counting
- Wikimedia Commons and Other Sister Projects
- The Foundation and Project Coordination
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Number of pages: 536
Link: Read online.