“Developing an Advanced Windows Phone 7.5 App that Connects to the Cloud” is available online and as a pdf download. This guide provides an end-to-end walkthrough of how to create an advanced Windows Phone 7.5 app that integrates with remote Windows Azure-based services.
Testability is a major focus of the guide, since as Windows Phone applications grow in complexity and size they can become difficult to test and maintain. The application presented in this guide combines a number of patterns in order to increase the testability of the application. The guide also highlights a number of essential tools that can greatly increase developer productivity when building an advanced application.
This guide teaches how to :
– Use Windows Phone 7.5 features including push notification, live and secondary tiles, and background tasks.
– Manage state and perform navigation.
– Authenticate and transfer data with a cloud service.
– Improve maintainability and testability of your application by using the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern.
Table of Contents
- The Tailspin Scenario
- Building the Mobile Client
- Using Services on the Phone
- Connecting with Services
- References and Appendices
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Publisher: Microsoft Inc.
File size: –
Number of pages: 208
Link(s): Read online.