This is the free online version of O’Reilly Media book “CouchDB: The Definitive Guide”. This book is designed to guide you gently through using CouchDB with clear but practical scenarios.
It progressively showcases key features, starting with simple document CRUD, working through to advanced MapReduce, and culminate with deployment tuning for performance and reliability. With this book, you’ll learn how to work with CouchDB through its RESTful web interface, and become familiar with key features such as simple document CRUD (create, read, update, delete), advanced MapReduce, deployment tuning, and more.
- Understand the basics of document-oriented storage and manipulation
- Interact with CouchDB entirely though HTTP using its RESTful interface
- Model data as self-contained JSON documents
- Handle evolving data schemas naturally
- Query and aggregate data in CouchDB using MapReduce views
- Replicate data between nodes
- Tune CouchDB for increased performance and reliability
Table of Contents
- Why CouchDB?
- Eventual Consistency
- Getting Started
- The Core API
- Design Documents
- Finding Your Data with Views
- Validation Functions
- Show Functions
- Transforming Views with List Functions
- Standalone Applications
- Managing Design Documents
- Storing Documents
- Showing Documents in Custom Formats
- Viewing Lists of Blog Posts
- Scaling Basics
- Conflict Management
- Load Balancing
- Change Notifications
- View Cookbook for SQL Jockeys
- High Performance
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Number of pages: 272
Link: Read online.