Download this free engineering eBook: “Control Engineering – An introduction with the use of Matlab” by Derek Atherton in pdf format. The book covers the basic aspects of linear single loop feedback control theory.
Explanations of the mathematical concepts used in classical control such as root loci, frequency response and stability methods are explained by making use of MATLAB plots but omitting the detailed mathematics found in many textbooks.
There is a chapter on PID control and two chapters provide brief coverage of state variable methods. The approach adopted allows more time to be devoted to controller design by different methods, to compare the results and also to examine the effects of plant parameter variations.
Table of Contents
- Mathematical Model Representations of Linear Dynamical Systems
- Transfer Functions and Their Responses
- Frequency Responses and Their Plotting
- The Basic Feedback Loop
- More on Analysis of the Closed Loop System
- Classical Controller Design
- Parameter Optimisation for Fixed Controllers
- Further Controller Design Considerations
- State Space Methods
- Some State Space Design Methods
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 2.32 MB
Number of pages: 155