Free eBook “Composite Software Construction” in pdf format. Composite Software offers a new level of granularity when compared to SaaS (Software as a Service). Composite Software is about enabling “right-sourcing”, i.e. move (or keep) arbitrary small or large elements of functionality wherever it is the most cost effective to operate them, not just entire systems. Economically, “right-sourcing” is far more efficient than “outsourcing” and SaaS.
Despite the tremendous benefits of composite software, the software industry is holding back the development of a composite programming model though major pieces of the model have been realized recently. The goal of this book is start by understanding today’s software construction processes and technologies and explore why and how it should be evolved to support core composition mechanisms.
Table of Contents
- Software Construction in 2007
- The Composite Information System Vision
- The impact of composition on software construction
- How SOA and Web Services technologies can be leveraged?
- A composite programming model: “wsper”
- How can we design assets to promote reuse in a composite application model?
- How can we start a composite software factory?
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 3.75 MB
Number of pages: 151