“Become a Code Breaker with Python: A beginner’s guide to cryptography and computer programming with Python” describes several encryption programs for various ciphers, along with how to write programs that can break these ciphers.
Cryptography is the science of using secret codes. A cryptographer is someone who uses and studies secret codes. This book will teach you what you need to know to become a cryptographer.
Of course, these secret messages don’t always stay secret. If someone is a clever cryptanalyst, they might be able to break the code. A cryptanalyst is someone who can break secret codes and read other people’s encrypted messages, even if they were not the person who encrypted the message. Cryptanalysts are kind of like computer hackers. This book will also teach you what you need to know to become a cryptanalyst.
Table of Contents
- How Encryption Works: Making a Cipher Wheel
- Downloading and Installing Python
- The Interactive Shell
- The Caesar Cipher
- Breaking the Caesar Cipher with the Brute Force Technique
- Designing Programs with Flow Charts
- Using the Debugger
- The Transpositional Cipher
- Symbols, Encodings, and Data
- Detecting English Programmatically
- Breaking the Transpositional Cipher
- The Simple Substitution Cipher
- Breaking the Simple Substitution Cipher
- A Simple Substitution Breaker Tool
- The Vigenere Cipher
- Frequency Analysis
- Breaking the Vigenere Cipher
Download Free PDF / Read Online
File size: 1.82 MB
Number of pages: 165
Link: Download or read online.