Free online book “VMware Server 2 Essentials”. VMware Server 2 Essentials is an in depth technical ebook designed teach IT staff, students and home users about the implementation of virtualized environments using the VMware Server 2 virtualization product.
VMware Server 2.0 is the second release of a virtualization solution provided by VMware, Inc., a division of EMC Corporation. VMware Server is supplied free of charge and is the entry level product of a range of virtualization solutions provided by VMware.
Table of Contents
- An Overview of Virtualization and VMware Server 2.0
- Installing VMware Server 2.0 on Linux Systems
- Installing VMware Server 2.0 on Windows Systems
- A Guided Tour of the VMware Server 2.0 Infrastructure Web Access Interface
- Officially Supported VMware Server 2.0 Guest Operating Systems
- Creating VMware Server 2.0 Virtual Machines
- Installing and Using the VMware Remote Console Plug-in
- Creating VMware Server 2.0 Desktop and Web Shortcuts
- Understanding and Installing VMware Tools
- The VMware Tools Control Panel
- Working with VMware Tools Scripts and Power States
- Configuring VMware Server 2.0 Host-Wide Settings
- VMware Server Virtual Network Architecture
- Managing VMware Virtual Networks and Adapters
- VMware Server NAT Configuration
- VMware Server 2.0 DHCP Configuration
- Managing VMware Server 2.0 Virtual Disks
- Command Line Management of VMware Virtual Disks
- VMware Server 2.0 Security – Access, Roles and Permissions
- Controlling VMware Virtual Machines from the Command Line with vmrun
Link: Read online.