The Unpredictable Certainty: Information Infrastructure Through 2000 is free to read online or to download in pdf format. How should we go about developing an infrastructure for on-line communication by everyone everywhere?
The Unpredictable Certainty explores the national information infrastructure (NII) as the collection of all public and private information services. But how and when will the NII become a reality? How will more and better services reach the home, small businesses, and remote locations? The Unpredictable Certainty examines these and other questions.
Table of Contents
- Introduction and summary
- Making technology work: individual and organized end users
- Where is the business case?
- Technology options and capabilities: what does what, how
- Technology choices: what are the providers deploying?
- Public policy and private action
Publisher: National Academies Press
Format(s): PDF, HTML
File size: 2.01 MB
Number of pages: 298
Link: Download or read online.