Free eBook from Microsoft: “The Entity Framework 4.0 and ASP.NET Web Forms: Getting Started”, by Tom Dykstra, is available in pdf, ePub, mobi formats and online.
In this book, you’ll learn the basics of using Entity Framework Database First to display and edit data in an ASP.NET Web Forms application. The contents of this book applies to: ASP.NET 4.0, ASP.NET Web Forms, Entity Framework 4.0, Visual Studio 2010.
Table of Contents
- The EntityDataSource Control
- Filtering, Ordering, and Grouping Data
- Working with Related Data
- Implementing Table-per-Hierarchy Inheritance
- Using Stored Procedures
- Using Dynamic Data Functionality to Format and Validate Data
- The ObjectDataSource Control
- Adding a Business Logic Layer and Unit Tests
- Sorting and Filtering
- Handling Concurrency
- Maximizing Performance
- What’s New in the Entity Framework 4