Free online book “The Definitive Guide to Pylons” by James Gardner. It brings you a comprehensive introduction to Pylons, the web framework that uses the best of Ruby, Python, and Perl and the emerging WSGI standard to provide structure and flexibility.
With expert guidance from the author, you’ll learn how to create your own Pylons–driven web site using SQLAlchemy and FormEncode and attain the mastery of advanced Pylons features, such as internationalization and localization, packaging and deployment.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Pylons
- Installing Pylons
- Exploring Pylons
- Tracking Down and Handling Problems
- Using View Templates
- Working with Forms and Validators
- Introducing the Model and SQLAlchemy
- Starting the SimpleSite Tutorial
- URLs, Routing and Dispatch
- Internationalization and Localization
- SimpleSite Tutorial Part 2
- The Web Server Gateway Interface (WSGI)
- Pylons’ Internal Architecture
- Authentication and Authorization
- SimpleSite Tutorial Part 3
Number of pages: 568
Link: Read online.