Free 493 page eBook The Art of XSD: SQL Server XML Schema Collection from Red Gate Software. This book will help you learn and use XML Schema collections in SQL Server.
Prior knowledge of XSD is not required to start with this book, although any experience with XSD will make your learning process easier. This book starts with the basics of XML schemas and then walks you through everything you need to know in order to build powerful XML schemas in SQL Server.
When information is exchanged in XML format, there needs to be an agreement between the sender and receiver about the structure and content of the XML document. An XSD (XML Schema Definition Language) Schema can be used to enforce this contract and validate the XML data being exchanged and, given that a lot of applications exchange information in XML format, the Art of XSD is becoming an increasingly vital technical skill.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to XML Schema
- Start Writing the First Schema
- LAB: Order Processing Application for North Pole Corporation
- Understanding Schema Components
- Understanding Element Declarations
- Understanding Attribute Declarations
- XSD Primitive Data Types
- Simple Types
- XSD Built-in Derived Data Types
- Complex Types
- Complex Type Derivation
- XSD Regular Expression Language
- Advanced Schema Concepts
- SQL Server Schema Collections and Metadata
File size: 12.95 MB
Number of pages: 491