Free online book “Signaling System No. 7 (SS7/C7): Protocol, Architecture, and Services” from InformIT Reference Library. Signaling System No. 7 (SS7/C7): Protocol, Architecture, and Services will help you understand SS7 from several perspectives.
It examines the framework and architecture of SS7, as well as how it is used to provide today’s telecommunications services. It also examines each level of the SS7 protocol-all the way down to the bit level of messages. In addition, the SIGTRAN standards are discussed in detail, showing the migration from SS7 to IP and explaining how SS7 information is transported over IP.
Table of Contents
- The Evolution of Signaling
- The Role of SS7
- SS7 Network Architecture and Protocols Introduction
- The Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
- Message Transfer Part 2 (MTP2)
- Message Transfer Part 3 (MTP3)
- ISDN User Part (ISUP)
- Signaling Connection Control Part (SCCP)
- Transaction Capabilities Application Part (TCAP)
- Intelligent Networks (IN)
- Cellular Networks
- GSM and ANSI-41 Mobile Application Part (MAP)
- SS7 in the Converged World
- SS7 Security and Monitoring
- SS7 Testing
Publisher: Cisco Press
Number of pages: 744
Link: Read online.