This book describes some devices that are commonly identified as tactile or force sensors. This is achieved with different degrees of detail, in a unique and actual resource, through the description of different approaches to this type of sensors. Understanding the design and the working principles of the sensors described here requires a multidisciplinary background of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, biology, etc.
An attempt has been made to place side by side the most pertinent information in order to reach a more productive reading not only for professionals dedicated to the design of tactile sensors, but also for all other sensor users, as for example, in the field of robotics. The latest technologies presented in this book are more focused on information readout and processing: as new materials, micro and sub-micro sensors are available, wireless transmission and processing of the sensorial information, as well as some innovative methodologies for obtaining and interpreting tactile information are also strongly evolving.
Table of Contents
- How Tactile Sensors Should Be?
- Torque Sensors for Robot Joint Control
- CMOS Force Sensor with Scanning Signal Process Circuit for Vertical Probe Card
- Three-Dimensional Silicon Smart Tactile Imager Using Large Deformation of Swollen Diaphragm with Integrated Piezoresistor Pixel Circuits
- High-Sensitivity and High-Stiffness Force Sensor Using Strain-Deformation Expansion Mechanism
- High-Precision Three-Axis Force Sensor for Five-Fingered Haptic Interface
- Optical Three-Axis Tactile Sensor for Robotic Fingers
- Measurement Principles of Optical Three-Axis Tactile Sensor and its Application to Robotic Fingers System
- Three Dimensional Capacitive Force Sensor for Tactile Applications
- Study on Dynamic Characteristics of Six-Axis Wrist Force/Torque Sensor
- Performance Analysis and Optimization of Sizable 6-Axis Force Sensor Based on Stewart Platform
- Grip Force and Slip Analysis in Robotic Grasp: New Stochastic Paradigm Through Sensor Data Fusion
- Development of Anthropomorphic Robot Hand with Tactile Sensor:SKKU Hand II
- Design of a Tactile Sensor for Robot Hands
- Tactile Sensing for Robotic Applications
- Fast and Accurate Tactile Sensor System for a Human-Interactive Robot
- Development of a Humanoid with Distributed Multi-Axis Deformation Sense with Full-Body Soft Plastic Foam Cover as Flesh of a Robot
- Research and Preparation Method of Flexible Tactile Sensor Material
- A Principle and Characteristics of a Flexible and Stretchable Tactile Sensor Based on Static Electricity
- Design Considerations for Multimodal “Sensitive Skins” for Robotic Companions
- Compliant Tactile Sensors for High-Aspect-Ratio Form Metrology
- Tactile Sensor Without Wire and Sensing Element in the Tactile Region Using New Rubber Material
- Recognition of Contact State of Four Layers Arrayed Type Tactile Sensor by Using Neural Networks
- Tactile Information Processing for the Orientation Behaviour of Sand Scorpions
Format(s): PDF, HTML
File size: 51.60 MB
Number of pages: 444
Link: Download or read online.