This is a free Windows XP book from Sams Reference Library. Sams Teach Yourself Windows XP in 24 Hours is designed to teach the new Windows XP user how to get the most out of a desktop computer. It also provides additional coverage for the experienced Windows user.
You probably are anxious to get started with your 24-hour Windows XP tutorial. Windows XP is an exciting operating system by Microsoft, a completely revamped operating system from the Windows 9x and Windows Me operating systems that have been in use for many years. Windows XP uses the Windows 2000 code base as its foundation to provide a more stable and robust environment.
This book’s goal is to get you up to speed as quickly as possible. Take just a few preliminary moments to acquaint yourself with the design of this book described in the next few sections.
Table of Contents
- Taking a Bird’s-Eye Look at Windows XP
- Getting Started with Windows XP
- Managing the Windows XP Interface
- Working with the My Computer Window
- Navigating Files with Windows Explorer
- Calling for Help
- Improving Your Windows Desktop Experience
- Installing Programs with Windows XP
- Finding Files, Folders, and Friends
- Using the Desktop Accessories
- Surfing the Web with Internet Explorer
- Tying Windows into the Web
- Networking with Windows XP
- Managing E-mail and Newsgroups with Outlook Express
- Exploring Your Hardware Interface
- Understanding Printing and Fonts
- Using Windows on the Road
- Giving Windows XP a Tune-Up
- Managing Your Hard Drives
- Tinkering with the Advanced System Tools
- Using Media Player
- Picturing Windows XP Graphics
- Making Movies with Windows XP
- Advanced Windows XP Tips
Number of pages: 456
Link: Read online.