This is a free Windows 2000 Professional book from Sams Reference Library. Sams Teach Yourself Windows 2000 Professional in 10 Minutes is a tutorial-based book, organized into a series of easy-to-follow, 10-minute lessons.
Don’t have the time to read lengthy chapters, or not inclined to read “manuals?” Twenty-six 10-minute chapters guide you through the Windows desktop, file management, networking, accessing the Internet, and more. This book shows you the basics, including navigating the desktop, starting and exiting applications, shutting down, working with multiple windows (multitasking), and copying, moving, and deleting files. You’ll also find quick steps to printing to a network printer, manipulating files on a network, sharing files and folders, securing files and folders, using Outlook Express, using IE and the Active Desktop, and controlling the hardware settings.
Table of Contents
- Navigating Windows 2000 Professional
- Working with a Window
- Using Menus
- Using Windows 2000 Professional Help
- Using Dialog Boxes
- Working with Multiple Windows and Applications
- Copying, Moving, and Linking Between Windows and Applications
- Using My Computer
- Managing Files with My Computer
- Using WordPad
- Understanding File Properties and the Recycle Bin
- Using My Network Places
- Using the Control Panel
- Using Outlook Express Mail
- Sharing Workstations and Setting Passwords
- Using Internet Explorer 5
- Web Site and Document Searching
- Troubleshooting, Restarting, and Disaster Planning
- Customizing the Windows 2000 Environment
Number of pages: 272
Link: Read online.