Physics Study Guide is a free online physics book from Wikibooks, the open-content textbooks collection. This guide is meant as a supplement to a year long freshman level physics course with a trigonometry prerequisite. Some ideas from calculus are included in the book but are not necessary to understand the content.
The overview of equations and definitions and eventually sample problem solutions are pertinent to an introductory, college-level physics course suitable for pre-meds. This is not a stand alone textbook rather the intent is to help the student and any other interested person quickly familiarize themselves with concepts and terminology so as to use the appropriate equations to get the desired answers to physics problems.
Table of Contents
- Units – S.I. units
- Kinematics – Displacement, velocity, acceleration
- Force – Newton’s 3 Laws of Motion
- Momentum – Elastic and inelastic collisions
- Friction and the Normal Force
- Work – Force times distance
- Energy – The potential to do Work
- Gravity – A universal force of attraction
- Circular Motion
- Periodic Motion
- Wave overtones
- Standing waves
- Electricity Charge, current, electric fields
- Magnetism Magnetic dipoles, magnetic fields
- Electronics Resistance, voltage, capacitance, inductance
- Optics Light, lasers etc
- Theories of Electricity Theories behind Electricity
Link: Download or read online.