Free online book “OpenSUSE Desktop Essentials”. This book is about the GNOME desktop running on openSUSE Linux and is part of the Techotopia Linux Desktop series of online publications. This purpose of this book is to cover all aspects of the use and configuration of the openSUSE GNOME desktop environment.
SuSE Linux began life in Germany during the early 1990’s as a derivative of the Slackware distribution. In 2003 Novell (whose Netware system was losing market share to Microsoft) purchased Ximian, a company created by the founders of the GNOME platform. In 2003, Novell went on to acquire SuSE and in 2005 created the openSUSE community project. This book is about the GNOME desktop running on openSUSE Linux and is part of the Techotopia Linux Desktop series of online publications.
Table of Contents
- Logging into the openSUSE GNOME Desktop
- A Guided Tour of the openSUSE GNOME Desktop
- Changing the openSUSE GNOME Desktop Background
- Installing and Customizing openSUSE Desktop Themes
- Configuring openSUSE Desktop Fonts
- Configuring the openSUSE Desktop Panels
- Configuring openSUSE Workspaces
- Enhance your openSUSE Desktop with gDesklets
- Browsing My Computer, Files and Folders on the openSUSE Desktop
- Configuring the openSUSE File Manager
- openSUSE Desktop – Starting Applications on Login
- openSUSE Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts
- Remote Access to the openSUSE Linux Desktop
Link: Read online.